ACC 629 – Bedford Duple – 1950
or click on the play button at the top left of the pictures to scroll through automatically.
New in March 1950 to the Penmaenmawr Motor Co.
In 1955 the coach was sold to Waverley Tours, Jersey as J3617.
In 1972 it returned to the mainland for preservation with a Mr Myers of Bramhope, Leeds, reverting to ACC 629.
In May 1975 it re-entered service with Blue Band of Lockerbie.
Just over a year later it arrived at Bibby's after being purchased by Fred Bibby, who had taken over the running of the Company following his father Clem's death in 1962.
ACC 629 arrived in the green and cream livery it still carries to this day.
The coach achieved national fame when it became the subject of both a 1/50th and a 1/76th scale model in the Corgi die-cast range.
Latest restoration was carried out in 2011 - the results of which can be seen in the pictures above.
Information and pictures provided with kind permission of Peter Bibby